[x] - Close
Life and Wellness Coach
In wellness coaching and life coaching the wheel of health shows the component parts of a total health program and what is required to achieve better health. It has four components: physical, emotional, spiritual and mental. As long as we nurture all four, great health can be obtained. A wellness coachor life coach can assist in improving the component(s) of the wheel that need special attention, dreams one would like to see manifest, and goals one desires to achieve but which may seem out of reach. One often hears about body-mind connection, which might seem too abstract to focus on and to use in making desired changes. The wheel of health brings this connection more into focus and changes can be targeted in a more channeled way. You’ll find more information about the wheel of health in "Healthy Insights".
What is a Life Coach?
- A client’s advocate
- A great listener without judgment
- An empathetic, caring, compassionate and nurturing supporter
- A source of encouragement for the client to help them find their own answers by asking open ended questions
- An optimistic energy guiding the client in a positive way to think forward and not run away from the issues they are facing
- A motivating and inspiring force
- A partner on the client’s journey
What does Life Coaching involve?
- Assisting the client to clearly define their dreams and goals
- Developing with the client specific strategies to achieve these goals within a desirable timeframe and to teach them to be accountable to themselves
- Helping the client to think outside of the box, and to grow spiritually, emotionally, mentally and physically
- Making the client aware of any limiting beliefs which could interfere with the achievement of their goals and which might have been stumbling blocks in the past
- Achieving measurable and sustainable results and celebrating the client’s every achievement
- Watching the client reach their goals and feeling sincere gratitude for having been allowed to assist in their journey
What is Wellness Coaching and what does a Wellness Coach do?
- Assisting the client in building better health habits
- Supporting the achievement of the client’s well-defined goals
- Helping client understand and apply the components of the wheel of health
- Encouraging positive change in diet and exercise
- Establishing accountability so the medical requirements from their healthcare professionals, as well as the agreed to strategies, can be followed and maintained long-term
- Being a partner along the road to better health
- Applying all principals of life coaching
A life coach and a wellness coach are not counselors or therapists, and they do not advise the client on what to do. In order to sustain long-lasting results, the answers must be found from within. Exterior motivation can only be maintained for a limited time. When the client is truly passionate about the changes to be made and the goals to be achieved, success is within reach. Life coaching and wellness coaching can assist in finding this passion so that the client can find joy, happiness and great well-being.